SYMPHONIC TRAINING PROGRAM
Proudly supported by the Hills Shire Council, the Symphonic Training Program provides the opportunity for young musicians. The training will be focused on well-known symphonies by famous composers. This training program will broaden their potential music career by building up classical orchestral music repertoires, as well as imparting to them the value of communication, teamwork, and discipline.
Directed by an experienced conductor, this program has 40 scheduled rehearsals and two concerts with carefully selected programs covering a variety of cultural aspects and artistic values.
Rehearsals: Friday evenings during the school term.
For the Junior Orchestra, the training will be basic symphonic skills including how to watch and follow a conductor and various orchestral etiquette. Especially those who play wind instruments, brass instruments, and percussion, they will learn new techniques that aren’t as widely used in a band setting as with an orchestra, requiring them to be more sensitive with their technical abilities.
Sydney Hills Junior Orchestra (under 15 years of age, AMEB grade 2 – 5 or equivalent)
Rehearsal time: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- First violin (at least grade 5)
- Second violin (at least grade 4)
- Viola, Cello, and Double bass (at least grade 3)
- Winds and brass (at least grade 2)
- Percussion (at least grade 2)
- Piano (at least grade 6)
For the Youth Orchestra, the training will emphasize the multiple-movement symphonies, strengthen young musicians’ physical and mental capabilities and acknowledgment musically and structurally, and will give a fantastic performing experience that young musicians will be able to enhance their results in AEMB and HSC exams.
Sydney Hills Youth Orchestra (under 25 years of age, AMEB grade 6 – LMus or equivalent)
Rehearsal time: 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- First violin – (at least grade 8)
- Second violin (at least grade 7)
- Viola, Cello, and Double bass (at least grade 6)
- Winds and brass (at least grade 5)
- Percussion (at least grade 4)
- Piano (at least CMus)
HOW TO JOIN
- Submit the Application From
- Send a short video recording for the audition and pay the audition fee of $60
- You should be notified to pay your annual membership fee if the audition is successful.
- After the payment of the membership fee, you will have a website login account to download music parts for rehearsals.
- You can join us any time during the year.
For more information please contact the Orchestra Manager Rosanne North.
Phone: 0405 124 092